Tuesday 8 October 2013

School Magazine Main Image Analysis

"KHM" School Magazine Image Analysis


The following image is the un-edited copy of what I feel would be my main image:

1,  Unedited first Image


This image would be the main image which would accompany the "Splash". Obviously this is the un-edited version, so there would be major changes.

I feel that the image provided of the Will Kearse (The Boy at the forefront of the image) would be a really suitable evolved image of that on my draft drawing. It has the boy with a happy expression, which was the feature I was looking for.

The Mise-en-Scene however surrounding the boy I feel can be majorly improved and is the downfall of the image. However I plan to erase the boy's surroundings and to put a strong red as his background, which is one of the Magazine Industries's most used colours, and I feel this would make the cover look and seem more professional and would help contrast with the black wording on the page.

2, Potential Final Main Image

This is that desired Image. I feel after some time editing it this would be the final edit of the main image which has the Mise-en-Scene completely changed and I feel this would be a major factor in distributing the Magazine's mood toward its Consumers/Audience.

I completely cut out the background manually, to make sure that all his hair and (Most of) his hair remained, trying to give the image a sense of being complete and allowing the reader to relate to the image which I feel would be instrumental.

His face is also zoomed in slightly more to fit the template of the cover. I also feel this adds to happiness displayed on the cover, as the observer can then more clearly see the happiness on the student's face, as well as giving the reader more intimacy with the image.

There is a slight "cut" with the neck. A problem I bravely attempted to undo, however my skills betrayed me. However I feel this takes very little away from what I feel would potentially be my Main Image.

I did have querries whether the Red background would contrast in a bad way, however I feel this would work, when observing magazines such as "Q" or "NME" They had this colouring format in their covers from time to time and thus giving me confidence this would work.



In Comparison

These images help compare my original vision to what would most probably be the final image. Yes there are differences, however I feel that these differences benefit the image, the picture is closer, giving a more detailed/intimate look at the image. The Mise-en-Scene, is just Red, because my choice of black wording wouldn't be recognized. and I feel the Red is more positive.






No comments:

Post a Comment